The deadline for submissions is August 31, 2017 at 6pm Eastern time (US). But don’t delay, enter soon or else you could put it off and never get back to it.
Submit Your Story
Thank you for wanting to be part of our book! We’re excited to receive your story. If you haven’t read Just a Dog yet, please do. This is the kind of content we’re looking for. Which is not to say that your story has to be 800 words, or that you have to catalogue the last few moments of your dog’s life, or that it even has to be sad. Rather, our focus is on gathering the sweetest, funniest, most heartwarming tales about the dogs we shared a life with. Dogs we’ll never forget.
We’re looking for stories between 500-2500 words, but also poetry, and even photo essays (in this case, just upload a document outlining your proposal, along with a link to your photography in the notes when you submit).
We will also be showcasing photography of each dog as part of every story. At this point we’re asking you to attach one good photograph with your entry. Should your story be selected for publication, we’ll need a high resolution image and probably ask for more than one. If for some reason you don’t have a photograph and your story is selected for the book, don’t worry, we’ll work it out.
There is a $25 reading fee per entry.
If Your Story is Selected…
- Should your story be selected to be part of our book, you will receive
- Two copies of Gone Dogs (projected as a $52 value)
- Promotional links from our website to your blog (social channel, or wherever else you’d like linked attribution)
- An author/dog profile on our site
- And of course you’ll be a co-author of the greatest collection of dog stories ever published. Your name will appear in our table of contents, and as the author of your story.
You will be able to upload your story and your photo(s) at checkout.
Please include your full name in all filenames. (Ex. JaneSmith_GoneDogsEssay.pdf)
Contact us if you have any problems with any part of the process. Thank you!